Thursday, July 7, 2016

Take a Minute to understand my World : An AUTISTIC CHILD

Please take a minute to understand what an AUTISTIC Child wants to tell you;

  1. First and foremost “I am a CHILD” and Autism is just one aspect of me.
  2. All those things that are ORDINARY to you (like light, sound, touch etc) can be PAINFUL to me. Click here to experience how I feel
  3. Change is the only constant to you but I love to be in “MY ROUTINES”. I get disturbed when there is a change in it.
  4. Don’t compare me with other Children, not even with other Autistic Kids. I am special in my own way.
  5. Not every Autistic Child should or can have special or hidden TALENTS. Do not search for the “Rain Man” in me. Please focus and build on what I can do instead of what I can’t.
  6. You may think I don’t do what you expect me to do because I don’t listen to you….I am sorry I JUST CANNOT UNDERSTAND what you say. Sometimes even small instructions are extremely difficult for me to understand.
  7. It is very tough for me to tell you what I need. I do not know the WORDS to talk to you…not even my pains….
  8. Most of you do not want to be with me but I want to BE WITH YOU. Only thing is I do not know how.
  9. Learning is tough for me. But if you can tell, show and do things along with me “I TOO WILL LEARN”.
  10. Please love me without any expectations. I sometimes may not be able to “RECIPROCATE” the way you want me to. After all.... you all know that “Love is unconditional” and so I DESERVE IT.
            Yours Lovingly,
            AUTISTIC CHILD
            (Your Fellow Human Being)



No comments:

Post a Comment